Few modern technologies make parents as envious as Invisalign® clear aligners. Children are no longer limited to the metal braces we grew up with. Clear aligners comfortably straighten teeth without others even knowing they’re there. At Aviator Pediatric Dentistry, we’re proud to offer Invisalign® as a modern orthodontic solution to kids and teens for lifelong, healthy smiles.
How does Invisalign® work?
Invisalign® uses a set of flexible plastic trays that apply gentle pressure to shift teeth into their proper positions. They’re comfortable, inconspicuous, and safe ways to achieve straight teeth. Invisalign® has helped millions of smiles, and with our care your child can seamlessly align their teeth for lifelong benefits.
We begin with an orthodontic examination. Photos and digital imaging allows us to create a 3D picture of your child’s mouth. This image is used to create multiple sets of aligning trays that are used in succession to take their teeth from start to finish. Trays are usually replaced every two weeks, and we’ll help schedule regular visits to track their progress and answer any questions.
Who are clear aligners for?
Invisalign® is best suited for mild to moderate misalignment. If your child’s orthodontic needs are more complex, traditional metal braces might be preferable. At the start of your child’s orthodontic journey, we’ll help determine which options are best for your child.
Teens love the look and comfort of clear aligners, but they must be used diligently to get results. It’s important your child listens to instructions carefully and is able to keep track of their trays and wear them during the full duration of their treatment. Clear aligners cost slightly more than traditional braces, but offer plenty of benefits to make them well worth the investment.
Benefits of Invisalign®
In the last 10 years, clear aligners have only become more popular. They have a long list of benefits that make them the preferred choice for kids and adults alike:
- Invisible: Virtually invisible, clear aligners are a life-saver for children and teens who might be self-conscious about the look of traditional metal braces.
- Better oral health: Since they’re removable, your child can brush and floss just like normal to keep their teeth shining and clean during alignment.
- Safe for sports: For athletes, clear aligners can be comfortably worn without the extra worry of mouth injury against wires and brackets while they play.
- Comfortable: Every alignment tray is lightweight, flexible, and custom-fitted for a comfortable experience.
- Eat what you want: Remove the trays before a meal and any foods that are troublesome for metal braces are back on the table.
- Shorter treatments: Traditional braces typically take up to two years to fully align teeth, but treatment with Invisalign® may be completed between 12-16 months.
- Boost self-confidence: At the end of their treatment, your child will have a straight smile that they can’t wait to show off to the world.
Comfortable, Invisible Orthodontic Care
To see if Invisalign® is the right choice for your child’s smile, visit our office to meet our team and receive an initial consultation. We can’t wait to get to know you and your loved ones to help them achieve winning smiles. Contact us today to schedule their next appointment.